Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More wanderings and discoveries

I realized about a week after I arrived here in Spain that I had forgotten the cord that hooks up my camera to the computer. Really troublesome, because that meant that I would be able to post pictures or even remove pictures from the camera in order to make room for new ones. However, the Center has a little tool that I can use instead, and thus you, faithful friends and family, can now take part in my experiences.


About a week and a half ago we took a day trip to Ronda and Marbella. Ronda was a really beautiful town, full of white-washed buildings and absolutely breathtaking scenery. They have a gorge that runs pretty much through the middle of the town, and yet there's this amazing bridge that goes over the top of it all. I have no idea how long the edifice has been there, but it's got to be older than America (most everything is here).



Just me, hanging out in front of an amazing view.



The super amazing bridge/gorge. We don't have one in the US.

This is how the professional matadors do it.

Marbella was a seaside resort city, home to the very rich and possibly famous British elite. The docks were filled with row after row of enormous yatchs, the streets were filled with English accents ordering wine or beer or buying Versace, and the beaches were filled with tourists, tourists, and some topless tourists. Still, it was right along the Mediterrean, and it was lovely.


This was the view of our coastline in Marbella.




Gigantic lollipop that cost more than a plane ticket to Paris!

Next blog (whenever I have time...) will be Cordoba!!!

2 comments: